Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

List of Assistive Technology Apps for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad



The folks at Easter Seals Crossroads have put together a compressive list of apps to help people with various disabilities. To view the list click here. The list is divided into five sections; low vision, hearing, cognitive, mobility and communication. Each section has various app that can help people with those challenges. Many of the apps are free from the iTunes app store. So, if you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch check out the list of assistive technology apps. 

4 comments:

  1. I looked through this list of apps and they all seem awesome. It's good to see that we are using our technology these days to our advantage and helping others to experience what they could not. I was wondering, do you think any of these apps would be covered under insurance depending on a persons disability? I noticed an app for $150, that seemed to be simply amazing but I know some people can't afford that. Just kind of curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading the blog. I'm glad you like the list of iOS apps. I'm not sure if insurance companies will pay for the apps. I will look into it and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe-inspiring bequest! Your blog is attention-grabbing. I feel affection for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Idaho! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a look
    when I get home. I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using
    WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, wonderful site!

    Look at my web page - rmr calculator
    My webpage :: calculate bmr

    ReplyDelete