After months of waiting, Bookshare's Read2Go app is available on the iTunes app store. For people who are unfamiliar with Bookshare click here. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and costs $19.99. With the app you can download Bookshare books directly onto your iOS device and have the book read aloud. Read2Go includes a built in text-to-speech software with multiple voices. Read2Go is also compatible with non-Bookshare Daisy books. The app also highlights the word that are being read aloud to help you follow along. Read2Go includes many other features such as bookmarking, navigation menus, font size can be increased to 70pt and much more. Read2Go is one of the most full featured Daisy reader for iOS devices. If your a Bookshare member and use an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Read2Go is perfect for taking you are books with you on the go. For screen shots click here and for more information click read more.
Read2Go is the most accessible DAISY book ereader for iOS. From within the app, you can browse, search, download, and read books directly from Bookshare using your Bookshare membership, as well as read DAISY books from other sources. The app gives you full control over visual choices for font size and color, background and highlighting color, and text-to-speech preferences. Read2Go features word-by-word highlighting for multi-modal reading.
“The Read2Go app will offer many advantages for people who are blind as well as those who have physical or learning disabilities, including many features not available on other DAISY readers for Apple devices.” - Deborah Armstrong, Alternate Media Specialist for DeAnza College in Cupertino, California
• Direct access to Bookshare
• Fast and seamless browse/search and download of Bookshare books
• Opens encrypted Bookshare books
• Bookshelf organizes your downloaded books
• Auto-resume reading position
• Displays Table of Contents
• Full support for all 6 levels of DAISY navigation built in to structure of book
• High-quality Acapela voices, one male and female, for highly natural narration
• Fully compatible with native Apple accessibility features such as VoiceOver
• Synchronized word-by-word highlighting and reading words out loud
• Control of font size up to 70 pts
• Control of text-to-speech audio, either on or off for text-only or text-to-speech mode
• Control of rate of audio
• Reads DAISY 3.0 and 2.02
• iTunes transfer of non-Bookshare DAISY books to your device
• Support books up to 4MB
• Educational institutions wishing to purchase 20 licenses or more can get a discount through the Apple Volume Licensing Program for Education"